An obturator hernia is a rare but severe type of abdominal hernia that develops with a higher frequency in women age 70 and older. An obturator hernia occurs in the pelvis area, near the obturator foramen. A hernia that bulges through the obturator foramen is called an obturator hernia.
- Q What are the treatment options for an obturator hernia?
- Q How common are obturator hernias?
- Q Are obturator hernias affected by other illness?
- Q Can an obturator hernia be life-threatening?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for obturator hernias?
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with an obturator hernia?