A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q How does a sciatic hernia affect the body?
- Q What are the symptoms of a sciatic hernia?
- Q Do sciatic hernias affect children differently than adults?
- Q How do I manage my sciatic hernia on a daily basis?
- Q How common are sciatic hernias?
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with a sciatic hernia?