A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q What are the symptoms of a sciatic hernia?
- Q Can medications be used to treat a sciatic hernia?
- Q What are the treatment options for a sciatic hernia?
- Q Are men or women more affected by sciatic hernias?
- Q How do I manage my sciatic hernia on a daily basis?
- Q What causes a sciatic hernia?