A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q What is a sciatic hernia?
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with a sciatic hernia?
- Q What are the symptoms of a sciatic hernia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for sciatic hernias?
- Q How do I manage my sciatic hernia on a daily basis?
- Q Are sciatic hernias affected by other illness?