A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q How common are sciatic hernias?
- Q What are the treatment options for a sciatic hernia?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for sciatic hernias?
- Q How does a sciatic hernia affect the body?
- Q Are men or women more affected by sciatic hernias?
- Q How do I prepare to see my doctor about my sciatic hernia?