A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q What causes a sciatic hernia?
- Q How do I prepare to see my doctor about my sciatic hernia?
- Q Are men or women more affected by sciatic hernias?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for sciatic hernias?
- Q What is a sciatic hernia?
- Q Can sciatic hernias be prevented?