A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my sciatic hernia symptoms?
- Q What are the treatment options for a sciatic hernia?
- Q How common are sciatic hernias?
- Q Do sciatic hernias affect children differently than adults?
- Q Are sciatic hernias affected by other illness?
- Q Can sciatic hernias be prevented?