A sciatic hernia can be life-threatening if it causes intestinal blockage or becomes incarcerated and strangulated. Fortunately, sciatic hernias seldom cause intestinal blockage and, in general, are not fatal. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to preventing a life-threatening hernia complication.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for sciatic hernias?
- Q Can medications be used to treat a sciatic hernia?
- Q What are the treatment options for a sciatic hernia?
- Q Do sciatic hernias affect children differently than adults?
- Q What causes a sciatic hernia?
- Q Can a sciatic hernia be cured?