Sciatic hernias are rare. When a sciatic hernia does develop it affects the pelvis, causing chronic pelvic pain. Women are more affected by sciatic hernias due to the wider shaper of the pelvic bone and its natural passageways. A sciatic hernia can affect the small intestine, causing intestinal blockage. The urinary tract can be affected if the bladder is inside of the hernia sac. An ovary and fallopian tube can be affected for similar reason.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for sciatic hernias?
- Q Can medications be used to treat a sciatic hernia?
- Q How do I manage my sciatic hernia on a daily basis?
- Q Are men or women more affected by sciatic hernias?
- Q How do I prepare to see my doctor about my sciatic hernia?
- Q What are the symptoms of a sciatic hernia?