How do I prepare to see my doctor about my hernia?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

To help prepare for your doctor's appointment about your hernia, you may want to write a list of your symptoms and when they began. Remember to discuss any medications you're currently using to treat your symptoms and whether they are effective or not. Be prepared for a physical examination that may include a testicular exam, x-ray, ultrasound, or CT scan. Because time with your doctor may be limited, it's also a good idea to prepare a list of questions you have about your hernia and how to manage its symptoms.

Continue Learning about Hernia

how do i manage my sliding hernia on a daily basis ?
If you have a sliding hernia that develops symptoms, there are ways you can manage indigestion and a...
what should i know about caring for someone with a pantaloon hernia ?
When caring for someone with a pantaloon hernia, make sure to provide emotional support as well as p...
is there a cure for paraumbilical hernias ?
A paraumbilical hernia (or indirect umbilical hernia) can be corrected. The umbilical hernia often s...
should i talk to my doctor about my hernia symptoms ?
If you have symptoms of a hernia, talk to your doctor. Early diagnosis can help you manage your symp...