How do I prepare to see my doctor about my hernia?

To help prepare for your doctor's appointment about your hernia, you may want to write a list of your symptoms and when they began. Remember to discuss any medications you're currently using to treat your symptoms and whether they are effective or not. Be prepared for a physical examination that may include a testicular exam, x-ray, ultrasound, or CT scan. Because time with your doctor may be limited, it's also a good idea to prepare a list of questions you have about your hernia and how to manage its symptoms.

Continue Learning about Hernia

Got Groin Pain or Swelling? Don’t Ignore It
Do you notice a bulge or have dull pain below the belt? You may assume that you have a pulled muscle, but your symptoms could signal a more serious pr...
What is a hiatal hernia?
A hiatal hernia is the result of part of the upper stomach pushing through the diaphragm, the large ...
Can a hernia be cured?
The only way to cure an abdominal wall hernia is with surgery.Umbilical hernias in newborns are the ...
What Is a Hernia?
What Is a Hernia?