Medications cannot be used to treat a Littre's hernia. Surgery is needed to remove the Meckel's diverticulum and repair the hernia. In some cases, emergency surgery is needed to treat symptoms of incarceration or strangulation hernia. It is during hernia surgery that a diagnosis of Littre's hernia is often confirmed.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my Littre's hernia symptoms?
- Q Is there a cure for Littre's hernias?
- Q What is a Littre's hernia?
- Q What causes a Littre's hernia?
- Q Is a Littre's hernias life-threatening?
- Q What should I know to care for someone with a Littre's hernia?