Medications cannot be used to treat a Littre's hernia. Surgery is needed to remove the Meckel's diverticulum and repair the hernia. In some cases, emergency surgery is needed to treat symptoms of incarceration or strangulation hernia. It is during hernia surgery that a diagnosis of Littre's hernia is often confirmed.
- Q How common are Littre's hernias?
- Q How does a Littre's hernia affect the body?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for a Littre's hernia?
- Q What should I know to care for someone with a Littre's hernia?
- Q Can a Littre's hernia be prevented?
- Q How do I manage my Littre's hernia on a daily basis?