Medications cannot be used to treat a Littre's hernia. Surgery is needed to remove the Meckel's diverticulum and repair the hernia. In some cases, emergency surgery is needed to treat symptoms of incarceration or strangulation hernia. It is during hernia surgery that a diagnosis of Littre's hernia is often confirmed.
- Q Can a Littre's hernia be prevented?
- Q How does a Littre's hernia affect the body?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for a Littre's hernia?
- Q What are the treatment options for a Littre's hernia?
- Q How common are Littre's hernias?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my Littre's hernia symptoms?