Medications cannot be used to treat a Littre's hernia. Surgery is needed to remove the Meckel's diverticulum and repair the hernia. In some cases, emergency surgery is needed to treat symptoms of incarceration or strangulation hernia. It is during hernia surgery that a diagnosis of Littre's hernia is often confirmed.
- Q How do I manage my Littre's hernia on a daily basis?
- Q What are the treatment options for a Littre's hernia?
- Q What should I know to care for someone with a Littre's hernia?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a Littre's hernia?
- Q Are there different types of Littre's hernias?
- Q How does a Littre's hernia affect the body?