How do I manage my hernia on a daily basis?

Although most hernias are painless or mildly uncomfortable, a hernia can affect you in other ways. Lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking and losing excess body weight can help you manage your symptoms and prevent serious health complications to your health. It's best to avoid or limit heavy limiting or learning to lift correctly and with support if lifting is part of your everyday routine. Seeking support from your symptoms from a doctor, family, and friends can also help you manage and understand your hernia symptoms.

Continue Learning about Hernia

What are the most common types of hernias?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most common type of abdominal wall hernia is an inguinal hernia. About 75 percent of all hernias...
What are the symptoms of an umbilical hernia?
A symptom of a significant umbilical hernia is a recurrent bulge around the umbilicus. This is cause...
What Happens to a Hernia in a Baby?
What Happens to a Hernia in a Baby?
What Is a Hernia?
What Is a Hernia?