How does an irreducible hernia affect the body?

Depending upon where the irreducible hernia is located, different parts of the body are affected. For example, an irreducible inguinal hernia can affect the scrotum and the area around the testicles, causing them to swell or become painful. An irreducible hernia also causes a hard bulge under the skin. If left untreated, an irreducible hernia can develop life-threatening complications.

Continue Learning about Hernia

Got Groin Pain or Swelling? Don’t Ignore It
Do you notice a bulge or have dull pain below the belt? You may assume that you have a pulled muscle, but your symptoms could signal a more serious pr...
Why is an inguinal hernia more common in men than in women?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Men develop hernias more than women do because of the way the testicles form, moving down the inguin...
How do I manage my pantaloon hernia on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
A pantaloon hernia can be painful. Make sure you consult a doctor or other medical professional abou...
How Are Hernias Treated?
How Are Hernias Treated?