Hiatal hernias are rarely life-threatening. In most cases they are mild and cause few symptoms. However, complications, such as incarceration or strangulation of part of the stomach, can be life-threatening if untreated.
- Q How do I prepare to see my doctor about my hiatal hernia?
- Q What are the risk factors for hiatal hernia?
- Q What causes a hiatal hernia?
- Q Are there different types of hiatal hernias?
- Q Do hiatal hernias affect children differently than adults?
- Q Can a hiatal hernia be prevented?