Hiatal hernias are rarely life-threatening. In most cases they are mild and cause few symptoms. However, complications, such as incarceration or strangulation of part of the stomach, can be life-threatening if untreated.
- Q How do I manage my hiatal hernia on a daily basis?
- Q What are the symptoms of a hiatal hernia?
- Q What causes a hiatal hernia?
- Q Can a hiatal hernia be cured?
- Q Is a larger hiatal hernia more likely to cause problems?
- Q How do I prepare to see my doctor about my hiatal hernia?