Who is a candidate for laparoscopic hernia surgery?

Canidacy for laproscopic hernia surgery depends on a variety of factors including the size of the hernia, previous surgeries in the area, other medical conditions present as well as surgeon comfort and training. Generally for elective (non-emergent) hernia repair a pre-operative appointment and evaluation should be made with a surgeon to discuss the different types of repair and whether laparoscopic repair is possible or indicated.

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

How long can I wear a truss to support my hernia?
When fitted properly, a truss can be worn during the day to prevent the hernia from bulging through ...
How do I get a hernia truss?
The first step in getting a hernia truss is to see your doctor. Your doctor will examine your he...
How does herniorrhaphy surgery used to treat a hernia?
Herniorrhaphy surgery uses a traditional approach to surgery, which involves a single incision, or c...
What should I expect after hernia surgery?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Well, it depends on how the hernia surgery is performed. If it’s done openly, or you have an incisio...