When can a hernia belt be used to treat a hernia?

After your hernia diagnosis and with the approval of your doctor, you may be able to use a hernia truss for your symptoms. A truss should only be worn for a short-period of time. A truss must be properly fitted and worn for it to be effective, as well as, to prevent the hernia from becoming incarcerated. Wearing a truss is not an alternative treatment to surgery.

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for a hernia?
Talk to your doctor before using any alternative treatment option. Exercises like tai chi may help w...
Can robotic surgery be used to treat hernias?
Kendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East FloridaKendall Regional Medical Center - HCA East Florida
There are absolutely options for robot assisted hernia surgery. In my own practice, I do both ventra...
What is the surgical treatment for hiatal hernia?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
The surgical treatment for hiatal hernia is a minimally invasive procedure that fixes the hole in th...
How are hernias repaired surgically?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Surgery to repair a hernia is focused on returning the contents that have pushed into the hernia bac...