When can a hernia belt be used to treat a hernia?

After your hernia diagnosis and with the approval of your doctor, you may be able to use a hernia truss for your symptoms. A truss should only be worn for a short-period of time. A truss must be properly fitted and worn for it to be effective, as well as, to prevent the hernia from becoming incarcerated. Wearing a truss is not an alternative treatment to surgery.

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

How long will it take me to recover from hernia surgery?
Good Samaritan HospitalGood Samaritan Hospital
Traditional hernia surgery recovery is one week with pain medications and four to six weeks of no he...
How do I get a hernia truss?
The first step in getting a hernia truss is to see your doctor. Your doctor will examine your he...
What happens to a hernia in a baby?
Southern Hills HospitalSouthern Hills Hospital
Hernias in babies are generally left alone at first, but hernias don't repair themselves and must be...
What advances have been made in hernia surgery?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Recent advances in hernia surgery include more ways to fix hernias with minimally invasive surgery. ...