What can I do for a hernia?

If you have a hernia you should see your healthcare provider, who can evaluate your hernia to determine if you need to see a general surgeon for repair. Some hernias can be watched, depending on their size and location, and whether or not the hernia is causing symptoms.
There things you should do, and things you should avoid, if you have a hernia. Learn more on this topic in this video with Dr. Oz.

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

How is an early-stage hiatal hernia repaired?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
An early stage hiatal hernia may be repaired by decreasing the size of the enlarged hiatus (the open...
How are hernias repaired surgically?
TriStar StoneCrest Medical CenterTriStar StoneCrest Medical Center
Surgery to repair a hernia is focused on returning the contents that have pushed into the hernia bac...
Are there alternative treatments for a hernia?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Talk to your doctor before using any alternative treatment option. Exercises like tai chi may help w...
What limitations will I have after a hernia repair?
Limitations after hernia surgery are necessary to allow for healing and prevent complications. The m...