What can I do for a hernia?

There things you should do, and things you should avoid, if you have a hernia. Learn more on this topic in this video with Dr. Oz.

If you have a hernia you should see your healthcare provider, who can evaluate your hernia to determine if you need to see a general surgeon for repair. Some hernias can be watched, depending on their size and location, and whether or not the hernia is causing symptoms.

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

How do medications treat a hernia?
Abdominal wall hernias cannot be treated with medication because they cannot repair an abdominal wal...
Should I talk to my doctor about wearing a hernia truss?
Always talk to your doctor before using a truss to prevent complications with your hernia. In most c...
Do I need to have surgery for my hernia?
Surgery is the only way to cure an acquired hernia. However, if your hernia is not painful or compl...
When is a truss approved for use with a hernia?
A truss is sometimes approved to support a small hernia before surgery. In rare cases, a truss may b...