How do medications treat a Richter's hernia?

A Richter's hernia is a type of abdominal wall hernia that requires immediate surgery to correct. If infection is present, antibiotics are used to clear the infection. However, strangulated tissue will need to be surgical removed and the intestine repaired.

Continue Learning about Hernia Treatment

What is a hernia truss?
A hernia truss is a medical belt that can be worn to support a hernia. A truss is also known as a he...
What can I do to prevent post-hernia surgery complications?
The best way to prevent a complicated hernia such as an incisional or recurrent hernia after surgery...
How does a truss treat a hernia?
A truss is not a cure for a hernia but is used to support the hernia before surgery. If your doc...
How does a truss increase my risk for complications with my hernia?
A truss cannot be used to treat all hernias. If you are wearing a truss, your risk for an incarcerat...