What is kiwi?

Judy Caplan
Kiwi is a fruit that was introduced in New Zealand in 1906. It was first called the Chinese gooseberry but was changed to kiwi as the demand increased worldwide. Today kiwis are also produced in California. These two countries have different growing seasons so kiwis are available year round. The fruit keeps well for up to 10 months in cold storage. Kiwis are high in vitamin C and potassium. Kiwis are found and have a fuzzy brown skin and a tart green inside with small black edible seeds.

Continue Learning about Herbal Supplements

Exercise Performance Supplements: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” has been applied to everything from presidential speeches to Oscar night dresses. So, why not use it to describe the ...
Are herbal treatments poisonous?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
I doubt most herbal treatments are poisonous when used at the recommended dosages. I would caution u...
What is Yohimbe taken for?
This sexual-enhancement supplement had sales up to $14 million last year. Men and women alike tr...
What Is Chasteberry?
What Is Chasteberry?