What are the health benefits of cardamom?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Found in curries, rice dishes, herbal teas, and breads, cardamom is the spice that gives chai tea its main flavor. In Asia, cardamom has long been valued medicinally for its ability to increase circulation and improve energy. Considered an aphrodisiac in the Middle East, cardamom may also improve digestion, asthma, bronchitis, halitosis, and even help improve a bad mood.
Sunita Mohan
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Cardamom is a healthy alternative to sugar and is also a great digestive aid, says homeopathic doctor and holistic nutritionist Sunita Mohan. For some easy ways to add cardamom to your diet, watch this video.

Continue Learning about Herbal Supplements

Exercise Performance Supplements: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” has been applied to everything from presidential speeches to Oscar night dresses. So, why not use it to describe the ...
Are herbal treatments poisonous?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
I doubt most herbal treatments are poisonous when used at the recommended dosages. I would caution u...
Does phytosterol interact with other medications?
Drug interactions with phytosterols are minimal. Cholestyramine administration should be separat...
What Are Maca Supplements?
What Are Maca Supplements?