What is the difference between iron from meat and iron from vegetables?

We tend to absorb iron from meats better than iron from vegetable sources. We generally absorb 15 to 35 percent of the heme iron we consume, whereas we only absorb about 2 to 20 percent of the nonheme iron we consume.

Continue Learning about Herbal Supplements

Exercise Performance Supplements: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” has been applied to everything from presidential speeches to Oscar night dresses. So, why not use it to describe the ...
Are herbal remedies safe?
Although herbs are "natural," they are not necessarily safe. Many plants survive in nature by pr...
Are herbal treatments poisonous?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
I doubt most herbal treatments are poisonous when used at the recommended dosages. I would caution u...
What Are Chaga Supplements?
What Are Chaga Supplements?