Avoid with known allergy or hypersensitivity to dill (Anethum graveolens), its components, or members of the Apiaceae (Umbelliferae) family.
An inflammatory skin reaction, following contact with light-sensitizing compounds in dill and long-wave ultraviolet light, has been documented. Hives from contact with dill has been reported.
According to a case report, a woman who reported allergic reactions to Indian dill (and cashew apple) had a severe allergic reaction to mango. Symptoms consisted of itching of the mouth and throat, swelling of the face and other parts of the body, and difficulty breathing. According to another case report, allergic symptoms occurred in a patient following ingestion or inhalation of foods prepared with dill. The symptoms were itching in the mouth area, swelling of the tongue and throat, hives, and immediate vomiting and diarrhea.
You should read product labels, and discuss all therapies with a qualified healthcare provider. Natural Standard information does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
For more information visit https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/
Copyright © 2014 by Natural Standard Research Collaboration. All Rights Reserved.