How do I manage my acute hepatitis B and C on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

In most cases, if symptoms occur they are usually mild or flu-like. And subside within a few weeks. To manage your symptoms, get plenty of bed rest before returning to work or school. Talk to your doctor about any medications you are taking or will need to prevent damage to your liver. Use care when handling sharp items to prevent contaminating objects, food and areas with your blood. Practice safe sex with your partner. Hepatitis can also affect your emotional and mental health. Talk to your doctor, family and friends about your condition. Seek support from those around you, or from a support group. The more you know about hepatitis, its acute form and cause, the better prepared you'll be to handle its symptoms.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis

Will the New Treatments for Hepatitis C Be Affordable?
What Are the Main Causes of Hepatitis C in the Baby Boomers Generation?
How Has Treatment Changed for Hepatitis C?
Can the Healthcare System Handle Hepatitis C Right Now?