How do I manage my hepatitis on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Depending on the type of hepatitis, symptoms can subside after a few days, and complete recovery may occur within one to two months. A good way to manage early symptoms of hepatitis is to maintain a healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids and get enough rest before returning to work or school. Depending upon the cause and type of your hepatitis you may also need to adjust your diet, medications and future alcohol consumption. Remember to use care when handling food, water, and shared rooms to prevent infecting those around you. Hepatitis can also affect your emotional and mental health. Talk to your doctor, family, and friends about your condition. Seek support from those around you, or from a support group. The more you know about your hepatitis, its causes and symptoms, the better prepared you'll be to handle its symptoms and prevent future infections.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis

The Hepatitis C Diet
The Hepatitis C DietThe Hepatitis C DietThe Hepatitis C DietThe Hepatitis C Diet
How to eat well and protect your health when you have hepatitis C. Truth be told, there's no special "hepatitis C diet." But that doesn't mean you can...
How Have the Stigmas of Hepatitis C Impeded the Path to a Cure?
What Population Has the Highest Numbers of Hepatitis C?
What Drew You to Research Hepatitis C?
What Drew You to Research Hepatitis C?