How can I care for someone with hepatitis C?

• When caring for someone with hepatitis C it's important to remember that their symptoms can affect them physically, mentally, and emotionally. Also remember that hepatitis C can be transmitted through contact with infected blood, as well as sexual intercourse. There is as yet no vaccine for hepatitis C. Look out for more severe symptoms of the infections such as frequent vomiting, which can lead to dehydration. Jaundice, fever, and abdominal pain are also signs of infection. Be patient and provide emotional support as well as help with finding other resources, like support groups.

What should I do if I have been exposed to the hepatitis C virus?