What are the different types of autoimmune hepatitis?

There are two types of autoimmune hepatitis: Type I and Type II. Type I accounts for most cases in North America; can occur at any age, and is most common in women. Approximately 50% of those diagnosed with type I autoimmune hepatitis also have other immune disorders, including type 1 diabetes, thyroiditis, Graves disease, ulcerative colitis, Sjogrenae's syndrome, or autoimmune anemia. Type II is less common, and is seen mostly in young girls, ages 2-14 in Southern Europe, although adults can be diagnosed with it as well.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis

What You Need to Know About Hepatitis A in Hawaii
Mention a certain popular sushi chain today, and even years later, you may be met by groans and bad memories. The 2016 hepatitis A virus (HAV) outbrea...
What are the symptoms of viral hepatitis?
Symptoms of viral hepatitis include:Jaundice, which causes a yellowing of the skin and eyes Fatigue ...
The Hepatitis C Diet
The Hepatitis C DietThe Hepatitis C DietThe Hepatitis C DietThe Hepatitis C Diet
How to eat well and protect your health when you have hepatitis C.
What Is Warehousing and Is That Going to Change with the Hepititis C Treatment?