Is hepatitis C life threatening?

Chronic hepatitis C can be life-threatening if left undiagnosed and untreated. Severe liver disorders including permanent scarring of the liver can occur, leading to cirrhosis. Advanced liver failure results in end-stage liver disease. Complications during liver transplant can occur and should be discussed with your doctor. However, the good news is that treatments for chronic hepatitis C have improved dramatically recently. With the right combination of medications, cure rates now exceed 90% in many groups.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis C

How Do I Know If My Hep C Treatment Worked?
A person will have a number of blood tests while being treated for hep C. In this video, learn what those tests are, how often they’re conducted and h...
What side effects are associated with Epclusa?
Side effects of Epclusa may include headache and fatigue. This answer was adapted from Sharecare's ...
The Best and Worst Foods for Hep C
The Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep C
Find out which foods you should (and shouldn't) eat with hepatitis C.
How Long Does It Take to Treat Chronic Hepatitis C?