How can I stay healthy if I have hepatitis C?

Staying healthy if you have hepatitis C is very important in order to reduce risks associated with this disease. Following are tips to help you stay healthy and prevent further damage to your liver:

• Avoid alcohol.
  • Avoid herbal treatments.
  • Avoid medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (for example, ibuprofen and naproxen).
  • Get the hepatitis A and B vaccines to protect your liver against other hepatitis-causing viruses.
  • Maintain a healthy weight by following a healthy diet and getting regular exercise to help prevent fatty liver disease. 

Continue Learning about Hepatitis C

My Story, My Diagnosis: Toni's Story
My Story, My Diagnosis: Toni's Story
Toni is a Chicago real estate broker and mother. In this video, Toni shares the story of her 30-year struggle with hep C, from the initial diagnosis a...
How does Epclusa interact with other drugs?
If you are taking any of the following medications, Epclusa can lead to side effects and should be a...
The Best and Worst Foods for Hep C
The Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep C
Find out which foods you should (and shouldn't) eat with hepatitis C.
Can Acute Hepatitis C Be Prevented?
Can Acute Hepatitis C Be Prevented?