How can I stay healthy if I have hepatitis C?

Staying healthy if you have hepatitis C is very important in order to reduce risks associated with this disease. Following are tips to help you stay healthy and prevent further damage to your liver:

• Avoid alcohol.
  • Avoid herbal treatments.
  • Avoid medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (for example, ibuprofen and naproxen).
  • Get the hepatitis A and B vaccines to protect your liver against other hepatitis-causing viruses.
  • Maintain a healthy weight by following a healthy diet and getting regular exercise to help prevent fatty liver disease. 

Continue Learning about Hepatitis C

What You Need to Know About Hepatitis C
What You Need to Know About Hepatitis C
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 2.7 and 3.9 million people in the US have hepatitis C, and between 1 and 5 ...
Do daclatasvir and sofosbuvir have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of daclatasvir and sofosbuvir may include fatigue, headache, irritability, flu-like sym...
The Best and Worst Foods for Hep C
The Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep CThe Best and Worst Foods for Hep C
Find out which foods you should (and shouldn't) eat with hepatitis C.
Why Might Someone Not Want to Be Treated for Hepatitis C?