Should I get the hepatitis B vaccine if I'm pregnant?

The hepatitis B vaccine is recommended for pregnant women who are at risk of infection. At risk groups may include those traveling to countries where hepatitis B is widespread or common; anyone with chronic liver or kidney disease; kidney dialysis patients; and healthcare workers, street drug users or persons who are sexually active with multiple partners. If you have any questions or concerns about the hepatitis B infection or vaccine, talk with your doctor or healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis B Vaccine

Are there any risks associated with receiving the hepatitis B vaccine?
The main risk associated with receiving the hepatitis A or B vaccine is the possibility of a severe ...
How should I take the hepatitis vaccine?
Hepatitis A You will not need to be concerned about how to take the hepatitis A vaccine because it w...
How soon will the hepatitis B vaccine start to work?
Protection from hepatitis B infection begins with the first injection, but it is critical you comple...
When should my child get the hepatitis vaccine?
Hepatitis B can cause infection of the liver that can eventually lead to liver cancer and death. Unl...