Should I get the hepatitis B vaccine if I'm pregnant?

The hepatitis B vaccine is recommended for pregnant women who are at risk of infection. At risk groups may include those traveling to countries where hepatitis B is widespread or common; anyone with chronic liver or kidney disease; kidney dialysis patients; and healthcare workers, street drug users or persons who are sexually active with multiple partners. If you have any questions or concerns about the hepatitis B infection or vaccine, talk with your doctor or healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis B Vaccine

What happens if I miss a booster of the hepatitis B vaccine?
If you miss a scheduled appointment for a hepatitis B vaccine shot, reschedule it as soon as possibl...
Can the hepatitis B vaccine cause other medical conditions?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
The Institute of Medicine's Immunization Safety Review Committee has examined the evidence regarding...
Is there a generic version of the hepatitis B vaccine?
Hepatitis A vaccine Because the hepatitis A vaccine is a biologic drug (a drug containing live organ...
Is the hepatitis B vaccine safe for pregnant women and infants?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
The hepatitis B vaccine is very safe. The most common side effect is soreness in the thigh, where th...