How long does the hepatitis B vaccine last?

You can expect the hepatitis B vaccine to provide protection against infection for at least 23 years. Although the antibodies created by the vaccination will eventually decay and disappear from your system, studies have shown your immune system remembers how to make more antibodies. If you have a healthy immune system, you should be safe from hepatitis B infection indefinitely.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis B Vaccine

Do newborns really need a Hepatitis B vaccine?
Ian Holzman, MDIan Holzman, MD
Hepatitis B is a serious viral disease that can damage the liver. Babies are exposed to it at the ti...
Can I get the hepatitis B vaccine if I'm allergic to baker's yeast?
If you have a life-threatening allergy to baker's yeast or any other ingredient in the hepatitis...
How should I take the hepatitis vaccine?
Hepatitis A You will not need to be concerned about how to take the hepatitis A vaccine because it w...
Are there any risks associated with receiving the hepatitis B vaccine?
The main risk associated with receiving the hepatitis A or B vaccine is the possibility of a severe ...