Can I get the hepatitis B vaccine if I'm allergic to baker's yeast?

If you have a life-threatening allergy to baker's yeast or any other ingredient in the hepatitis B vaccine, you should not get the vaccine. If you have had an allergic reaction to a previous dose of the hepatitis B vaccine, do not get another dose. Tell your doctor or healthcare provider about any serious allergies that you have before taking any medication.

Continue Learning about Hepatitis B Vaccine

Is the hepatitis B vaccine safe for pregnant women and infants?
Dr. Louise E. Sivak, MDDr. Louise E. Sivak, MD
The Hepatitis B vaccine has been safety-tested as well as tested for efficacy by many expert scienti...
When should my child get the hepatitis vaccine?
Hepatitis B can cause infection of the liver that can eventually lead to liver cancer and death. Unl...
Do newborns really need a Hepatitis B vaccine?
Ian Holzman, MDIan Holzman, MD
Hepatitis B is a serious viral disease that can damage the liver. Babies are exposed to it at the ti...
Who should receive the hepatitis vaccine?
All pregnant women in the United States should be screened for hepatitis B. If infected, the baby wi...