What are the different types of hemorrhoids?

Internal hemorrhoids develop inside the anus. The most common symptoms are bleeding during movements or protrusion through the anus upon straining.

External hemorrhoids develop around the anus and can be very painful, especially if a blood clot develops within them. They can be felt as a firm lump or lumps around the anus.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoids

How to Treat—and Prevent—Hemorrhoids
How to Treat—and Prevent—Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids. Not a popular topic, unless you’re desperate for a way to get rid of them. How can you find relief from painful, itchy hemorrhoids that c...
What should I think about if I have hemorrhoids?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
You only need to worry about your hemorrhoids if they're causing you problems. While they may be ann...
What is the difference between external and internal hemorrhoids?
Internal hemorrhoids lie under the lining of the lower rectum. They become problems when they fall d...
Tips to Prevent Painful Hemorrhoids
Tips to Prevent Painful Hemorrhoids