Why does pregnancy increase my chances of getting hemorrhoids?

If you're pregnant, you're more likely to develop hemorrhoids. This happens because your fetus can put pressure on your abdomen. This extra abdominal pressure, in addition to hormonal changes, can lead to pressure building up in the veins of your rectum and anus. The veins start to swell, and hemorrhoids form.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

How can I treat hemorrhoids during pregnancy?
To help ease the pain, try soaking in a warm sitz bath with Epsom salts or magnesium (a sitz bat...
Are there alternative treatments for hemorrhoids?
There are several alternative treatments that may help to relieve your hemorrhoids symptoms without ...
What is rubber band ligation for hemorrhoid removal?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
The rubber band procedure strangles the hemorrhoid tissue so it will fall off. This procedure is use...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?