Why does pregnancy increase my chances of getting hemorrhoids?

If you're pregnant, you're more likely to develop hemorrhoids. This happens because your fetus can put pressure on your abdomen. This extra abdominal pressure, in addition to hormonal changes, can lead to pressure building up in the veins of your rectum and anus. The veins start to swell, and hemorrhoids form.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

How is a hemorrhoid with a blood clot treated?
In some hemorrhoids that develop around your anus, blood can collect and form clots. Intense pain is...
What procedures help treat hemorrhoids?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Procedures for hemorrhoids will depend on your symptoms. They range from injections to rubber band l...
Can over-the-counter hemorrhoidal ointments be used long-term?
If your hemorrhoids symptoms are mild, you may find relief from simple over-the-counter hemorrhoidal...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?