What is rubber band ligation for hemorrhoid removal?

The rubber band procedure strangles the hemorrhoid tissue so it will fall off. This procedure is used for inner hemorrhoids.

Internal hemorrhoids can be treated in the doctor's office by ligation. A small rubber band is placed around the tissue above the hemorrhoid to cut off its blood supply. The hemorrhoidal tissue and band slough off a few days later and the sore that is left will heal. This method of hemorrhoid removal produces mild discomfort and slight bleeding.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

Can hemorrhoids go away on their own?
In many cases, your hemorrhoids will go away on their own - often within just a few days. Simple lif...
What procedures help treat hemorrhoids?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Procedures for hemorrhoids will depend on your symptoms. They range from injections to rubber band l...
What are the treatment options for hemorrhoids?
There are many options available for treating your hemorrhoids. In many cases, your doctor can sugge...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?