How can I treat hemorrhoids during pregnancy?

To help ease the pain, try soaking in a warm sitz bath with Epsom salts or magnesium (a sitz bath is one in which you sit in a tub and soak just your bottom and hips.) The aquatic environment will soothe some of the burning associated with the hemorrhoids. You can also try topical arnica gel or cortisone cream (tell your doctor if you do). If they still bother you after delivery (most resolve themselves by then), you can have them clipped in an office procedure that usually doesn't even require anesthesia.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

Can over-the-counter hemorrhoidal ointments be used long-term?
If your hemorrhoids symptoms are mild, you may find relief from simple over-the-counter hemorrhoidal...
What procedures help treat hemorrhoids?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Procedures for hemorrhoids will depend on your symptoms. They range from injections to rubber band l...
Can hemorrhoids go away on their own?
In many cases, your hemorrhoids will go away on their own - often within just a few days. Simple lif...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?