How can I treat hemorrhoids during pregnancy?

To help ease the pain, try soaking in a warm sitz bath with Epsom salts or magnesium (a sitz bath is one in which you sit in a tub and soak just your bottom and hips.) The aquatic environment will soothe some of the burning associated with the hemorrhoids. You can also try topical arnica gel or cortisone cream (tell your doctor if you do). If they still bother you after delivery (most resolve themselves by then), you can have them clipped in an office procedure that usually doesn't even require anesthesia.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

How can I relieve the acute pain of hemorrhoids?
Brooke H. Gurland, MDBrooke H. Gurland, MD
There are several things you can do to relieve acute hemorrhoid pain: Take warms soaks in the bath (...
How is a hemorrhoid with a blood clot treated?
In some hemorrhoids that develop around your anus, blood can collect and form clots. Intense pain is...
How long does it take to heal hemorrhoids?
SwedishSwedish
When treated early, hemorrhoids usually disappear within a week or two. By increasing fiber and flui...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?