How long does it take to heal hemorrhoids?

When treated early, hemorrhoids usually disappear within a week or two. By increasing fiber and fluids in your diet, your stool will soften, thereby promoting more regular bowel movements. It also helps to eliminate excessive straining and to take warm baths.

Most painful external hemorrhoids will respond to rest and warm sitz baths. Within a week the pain should subside. The firm lump should completely recede within four to six weeks. If the pain is severe, your physician may decide to inject a local anesthetic and remove the hemorrhoid in the office to provide immediate relief.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

What procedures help treat hemorrhoids?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Procedures for hemorrhoids will depend on your symptoms. They range from injections to rubber band l...
Why does pregnancy increase my chances of getting hemorrhoids?
If you're pregnant, you're more likely to develop hemorrhoids. This happens because your fetus can p...
How are external hemorrhoids treated?
SwedishSwedish
Treatment for external hemorrhoids depends on the duration of your symptoms. Often, external hemorrh...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?