How are internal hemorrhoids treated?

To treat your internal hemorrhoids, your doctor may recommend changing your diet and how you go to the bathroom. You should eat more fiber and avoid sitting on the toilet too long. If they are large and protrude or bleed a rubber band can be placed on them in the office. One rarely needs to go to the operating room to have their hemorrhoids surgically excised.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

How do medications treat hemorrhoids?
Most of the treatments for hemorrhoids do not involve medications. If your symptoms are mild, howeve...
Are there alternative treatments for hemorrhoids?
There are several alternative treatments that may help to relieve your hemorrhoids symptoms without ...
Can hemorrhoids go away on their own?
In many cases, your hemorrhoids will go away on their own - often within just a few days. Simple lif...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?