How are internal hemorrhoids treated?

To treat your internal hemorrhoids, your doctor may recommend changing your diet and how you go to the bathroom. You should eat more fiber and avoid sitting on the toilet too long. If they are large and protrude or bleed a rubber band can be placed on them in the office. One rarely needs to go to the operating room to have their hemorrhoids surgically excised.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhoid Treatment

Can a hemorrhoidectomy cause complications?
If other treatments haven't helped, your doctor may recommend having your hemorrhoids surgically rem...
How do medications treat hemorrhoids?
Most of the treatments for hemorrhoids do not involve medications. If your symptoms are mild, howeve...
How can I relieve the acute pain of hemorrhoids?
Brooke H. Gurland, MDBrooke H. Gurland, MD
There are several things you can do to relieve acute hemorrhoid pain: Take warms soaks in the bath (...
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?
What Can I Do About My Hemorrhoids?