Hemophilia causes bleeding and bruising. This can lead to internal bleeding and painful swelling of the joints. Septic arthritis occurs more frequently in people with hemophilia. Abdominal bleeding and digestive problems are concerns in people with hemophilia. Bleeding can cause skin discoloration, pain, and swelling under the skin.
- Q What is the duration of hemophilia?
- Q What are the emotional effects of hemophilia?
- Q How do I manage my hemophilia on a daily basis?
- Q Does hemophilia run in families?
- Q How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose hemophilia?
- Q What activities should someone with hemophilia avoid?