Hemophilia causes bleeding and bruising. This can lead to internal bleeding and painful swelling of the joints. Septic arthritis occurs more frequently in people with hemophilia. Abdominal bleeding and digestive problems are concerns in people with hemophilia. Bleeding can cause skin discoloration, pain, and swelling under the skin.
- Q How do I manage my hemophilia on a daily basis?
- Q Is hemophilia serious?
- Q How do I care for someone with hemophilia?
- Q Does hemophilia run in families?
- Q How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose hemophilia?
- Q How much does it cost to treat hemophilia?