What are the symptoms of a hematoma?

The symptoms of a hematoma include skin discoloration, pain, and swelling. A hematoma results from an injury that causes blood vessels to rupture. Blood collects in the soft tissue producing the discoloration and swelling.

Continue Learning about Hematoma

What increases my risk of a hematoma?
There is an increased risk of developing a hematoma during sports and other activities. This can be ...
How can I avoid getting skier's toe?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
To avoid getting skier's toe, make sure your ski boots fit properly. Don't cram your foot into a...
What is a hematoma?
A hematoma is the outward expression of an injury within the body. A hematoma occurs when small bloo...
Is a hematoma serious?
A hematoma is seldom serious. A hematoma results from an injury that causes blood vessels to rupture...