How can I avoid getting skier's toe?

Proper boot fit is the key to avoiding skier's toe. If your boots are too large, your foot will slide forward in the boot, causing your toe to bang into the front of the boot. If your boots are too small, your foot will be hitting the front of the boot prior to skiing. The motions of skiing can then further force your toe into the front of the boot, causing pain and skier's toe. 
Jill A. Grimes, MD
Family Medicine
To avoid getting skier's toe, make sure your ski boots fit properly. Don't cram your foot into a friend's boots. And be sure your socks are not bunched up. This painful injury does not occur if your boots and socks fit correctly.

Continue Learning about Hematoma

Are there alternative treatments for a hematoma?
There are alternative treatments for hematoma. You can treat a hematoma at home by applying cold, el...
What causes a hematoma?
A hematoma is caused by an injury to a part of the body that ruptures small blood vessels. The blood...
How does a hematoma affect the body?
A hematoma affects the body by causing localized skin discoloration, pain, and swelling. As time pas...
How do I manage my hematoma on a daily basis?
A hematoma can be managed on a daily basis by following four simple procedures to reduce the size of...