What are myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative disease categories?

There are several myeloproliferative/myelodysplastic disease categories. These are based on the nature of the marrow abnormalities and the blood cell types involved. Categories include chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, abbreviated CMML, juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia abbreviated JMML, and atypical chronic myelogenous leukemia, abbreviated aCML. Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasm, unclassifiable, includes any cases that do not fit into the aforementioned categories.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

How Can I Transition From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor?
The modern view of "survivorship" is that it begins at diagnosis. Focusing on ways to get better minimize the negative effects of treatment. Watch thi...
Staying Fit During Multiple Myeloma Remission
Exercise brings with it many benefits that are helpful for people with multiple myeloma or in remission. At the top of that list: Exercise's ability t...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with hematologic cancer?
Caring for people with hematologic cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cancer ...
What is the rate of incidence for hematologic cancers?
Hematologic cancers are currently responsible for approximately 9.5 percent of newly diagnosed cance...