What illnesses increase myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative disease risk?

The risk factors for the myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases are not fully understood. However, a genetic condition called neurofibromatosis type I can increase your risk for juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. Other manifestations of this condition include skin freckling and nerve tumors.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

As a Cancer Survivor, How Can I Deal with My Fear of a Recurrence?
If you're a cancer survivor, it's normal to worry about the disease coming back. In this video, palliative medicine specialist Dr. Stewart Fleishman d...
What You Need to Know About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is cancer that affects the body's plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. Watch this video to learn the risks, symptoms and treatme...
How do hematologic cancers affect the body?
Hematologic cancers primarily affect the body by interfering with the production of normal blood cel...
What are the long-term effects of hematologic cancer treatment?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
As hematologic cancer treatment becomes more successful, more people are surviving for longer period...