Should I talk to my doctor about my hematologic cancer symptoms?

If you have symptoms of hematologic cancer, you should contact your doctor. Hematologic cancers are very serious disorders, and early diagnosis with prompt, appropriate treatment will improve your chances of being survival. Survival rates in the last 30 years have almost doubled because of major advances in treatment. Your doctor can help make the diagnosis, begin treatment, and manage side effects of the treatment.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

What You Need to Know About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is cancer that affects the body's plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. Watch this video to learn the risks, symptoms and treatme...
Must-Know Multiple Myeloma Facts
Must-Know Multiple Myeloma Facts
Over 34,000 people will receive a multiple myeloma diagnosis in the United States this year—despite being the second most common blood cancer, multipl...
How does stem cell transplantation treat hematologic cancer?
Stem cell transplantation does not usually directly treat hematologic cancer. Its main use in hemato...
What are the treatment options for hematologic cancer?
The treatment of hematologic cancers depends on the type of cancer, its location, and its extent of ...