Should I talk to my doctor about my hematologic cancer symptoms?

If you have symptoms of hematologic cancer, you should contact your doctor. Hematologic cancers are very serious disorders, and early diagnosis with prompt, appropriate treatment will improve your chances of being survival. Survival rates in the last 30 years have almost doubled because of major advances in treatment. Your doctor can help make the diagnosis, begin treatment, and manage side effects of the treatment.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

Multiple Myeloma is More Common in African Americans: Here’s What You Need To Know
Multiple myeloma, a cancer that occurs in white blood cells, is considered a rare disease because it makes up a tiny amount of overall cancers. But it...
When Someone You Love Is Diagnosed With Multiple Myeloma
When your loved one is diagnosed with multiple myeloma, the focus of everyone—family, friends, doctors—is squarely on that new patient, just as it sho...
How do I manage my hematologic cancer on a daily basis?
How you manage your hematologic cancer on a daily basis depends to a large extent on the type of can...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with hematologic cancer?
Caring for people with hematologic cancer involves helping them deal with the effects of the cancer ...