Should I talk to my doctor about my hematologic cancer symptoms?

If you have symptoms of hematologic cancer, you should contact your doctor. Hematologic cancers are very serious disorders, and early diagnosis with prompt, appropriate treatment will improve your chances of being survival. Survival rates in the last 30 years have almost doubled because of major advances in treatment. Your doctor can help make the diagnosis, begin treatment, and manage side effects of the treatment.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

How Can I Transition From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor?
The modern view of "survivorship" is that it begins at diagnosis. Focusing on ways to get better minimize the negative effects of treatment. Watch thi...
Maintain Your Emotional Well-Being During Multiple Myeloma Remission
Multiple myeloma is a treatable disease, but not, at this point, a curable one. Even entry into remission doesn’t signal the end of worries and concer...
What is tumor lysis syndrome?
Tumor lysis syndrome is a condition caused by the destruction of a large number of tumor cells and t...
How does stem cell transplantation treat hematologic cancer?
Stem cell transplantation does not usually directly treat hematologic cancer. Its main use in hemato...