How can I help someone with myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases?

Caring for a loved one with a myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative disease can be difficult. Simply listening empathetically may be very helpful as your loved one may feel anxious or emotionally exhausted. Helping with housework and errands may also be very useful. If your loved one is in the hospital, you can bring movies or magazines. If you are unsure of what to do or how to help, communicate this as your loved one may have suggestions.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

How Can I Transition From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor?
The modern view of "survivorship" is that it begins at diagnosis. Focusing on ways to get better minimize the negative effects of treatment. Watch thi...
Best Foods for Multiple Myeloma Treatment
Eating well is important when you’re being treated multiple myeloma. In this video, Darria Long Gillespie, the SVP of Clinical Strategy at Sharecare, ...
What are the long-term effects of hematologic cancer treatment?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
As hematologic cancer treatment becomes more successful, more people are surviving for longer period...
What are the side effects of stem cell transplants for hematologic cancer?
Most of the side effects experienced by people who receive stem cell transplantations for hematologi...