Can myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases be diagnosed early?

There are no tests that can be used to diagnose myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases early. Certain cancer treatments increase your risk of chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. If you have been treated with any of these drugs, your doctor may be more vigilant.

Continue Learning about Hematologic/Blood Cancers

When Someone You Love Is Diagnosed With Multiple Myeloma
When your loved one is diagnosed with multiple myeloma, the focus of everyone—family, friends, doctors—is squarely on that new patient, just as it sho...
As a Cancer Survivor, How Can I Deal with My Fear of a Recurrence?
If you're a cancer survivor, it's normal to worry about the disease coming back. In this video, palliative medicine specialist Dr. Stewart Fleishman d...
What causes hematologic cancers?
Hematologic cancers, like all malignant disorders, are caused by the uncontrolled division of abnorm...
What increases my risk for hematologic cancers?
Your risk of developing a hematologic cancer is increased if you have one or more of the risk factor...