Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is performed under general anesthesia, and the procedure usually takes 3 to 4 hours. You will remain in ICU until your doctor feels you can be transferred to a regular hospital room, where you will continue to be monitored. A physical therapist will evaluate you and help you start moving as soon as possible. The average ICU time is 1 day, and the average entire hospital stay for the procedure is 4 to 7 days.
- Q How can statins reduce heart problems after CABG surgery?
- Q How long will I stay in the ICU after heart surgery?
- Q Can the heart's mitral valve be repaired without open-heart surgery?
- Q What should I expect after having coronary artery bypass surgery?
- Q Are there any advantages to an off-pump bypass procedure?
- Q How will I feel after an angioplasty and stenting procedure?