Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is performed under general anesthesia, and the procedure usually takes 3 to 4 hours. You will remain in ICU until your doctor feels you can be transferred to a regular hospital room, where you will continue to be monitored. A physical therapist will evaluate you and help you start moving as soon as possible. The average ICU time is 1 day, and the average entire hospital stay for the procedure is 4 to 7 days.
- Q What factors influence life expectancy after bypass surgery?
- Q What are the risks of a coronary angioplasty (PCI)?
- Q When should I call my doctor after heart valve replacement surgery?
- Q What do I do if I feel like I have a fever after heart surgery?
- Q How soon can I go home after aortic surgery?
- Q What is port access heart surgery?