Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is performed under general anesthesia, and the procedure usually takes 3 to 4 hours. You will remain in ICU until your doctor feels you can be transferred to a regular hospital room, where you will continue to be monitored. A physical therapist will evaluate you and help you start moving as soon as possible. The average ICU time is 1 day, and the average entire hospital stay for the procedure is 4 to 7 days.
- Q When can I shower after heart surgery?
- Q What vital signs are checked after heart surgery?
- Q How do I take care of the insertion site after a PTCA procedure?
- Q How is a heart biopsy done?
- Q What happens during minimally invasive coronary artery bypass surgery?
- Q What happens during a coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)?