How is flaxseed good for my heart health?

Vandana  R. Sheth

Flaxseeds are a rich plant-based source of omega 3 fats and fiber. Both of these play an important role in maintaining heart health. 1 Tbsp of flaxseeds will provide 1.8 g plant omega 3 fats. Flaxseeds are especially useful as a vegetarian source of omega 3 fats.

Continue Learning about Heart Health

is eating cereal healthy for my heart ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Different types of cereals can be heart-healthy. Whole grain products are preferred over refined cer...
where can i get information on how to take better care of my heart ?
Jeff ArnoldJeff Arnold
A healthy heart is the key to a long, happy life. To get information on how to take better care of y...
is caffeine bad for your heart ?
Studies show that a small amount of caffeine is good for your heart, but that a large amount of caff...
how well do we follow recommendations of the american heart association ?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
The American Heart Association has seven recommendations for a healthy heart. In this video, Dr. Rob...