Can a negative attitude affect heart health?

If you constantly complain, with no interest in finding a solution, or secretly enjoy throwing pity-parties for yourself more than once in a blue moon, know that an ongoing gloomy attitude triples your risk of a heart attack, a bypass, and even clogged leg arteries. On the other hand, a positive attitude and optimistic outlook can improve your quality of life, help you stay well, and may also speed up healing.

Continue Learning about Heart Health

Reasons Your Heart Just Skipped a Beat and When to Worry
Has your heart ever felt like it was fluttering, throbbing, pounding or skipping a beat? That feeling is called a heart palpitation. Generally, heart...
How can earplugs help protect my heart?
Constant clamor from traffic, industry, construction and more can take a serious toll on your he...
6 Ways to Protect Your Heart in Hot Weather
6 Ways to Protect Your Heart in Hot Weather6 Ways to Protect Your Heart in Hot Weather6 Ways to Protect Your Heart in Hot Weather6 Ways to Protect Your Heart in Hot Weather
Keep your ticker healthy when summer temperatures rise.
Is There an Easy Way to Check My Heart's Health?