Are women at greater risk for coronary artery disease?

Heart disease is slightly more common in men than in women; however, it is the leading cause of death in both men and women. Heart disease killed one in five women who died from 2012 to 2013.

Continue Learning about Heart Health

What Should My Heart Rate Be During Exercise?
You may have been told you should be exercising moderately for 150 minutes per week or vigorously for 75 minutes per week, but you probably haven’t be...
What are the risks of a resting and exercise radionuclide angiogram (RNA)?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A resting and exercise radionuclide angiogram (RNA) is a type of nuclear medicine procedure that...
Ornish Diet: What Makes This Plan So Heart Healthy?
Ornish Diet: What Makes This Plan So Heart Healthy?Ornish Diet: What Makes This Plan So Heart Healthy?Ornish Diet: What Makes This Plan So Heart Healthy?Ornish Diet: What Makes This Plan So Heart Healthy?
Dr. Dean Ornish has found a science-backed way to reverse heart disease.
How Smoking and Blood Pressure Affect Your Heart’s Age