When is hot weather too hot for heart health while exercising?

Whenever the temperature reaches 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) in combination with 70 percent humidity, your heart has to begin to work harder just to cool your body. As the outdoor temperature climbs into the 80s (Fahrenheit) or high 20s (Celsius) or beyond and there is high humidity, the risk to your health increases. If you have heart disease, it is especially critical that you avoid exercising when the temperature and the humidity are both high.
In addition, common heart medications such as beta blockers and diuretics can also make you more susceptible to heat. Ask your doctor about summertime exercise guidelines that make sense for you based on your medical history and current prescribed medications.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Premature Balding and Greying Could Be a Sign of Heart Disease
While premature balding and graying in men seem like a matter of genetics, in 2017, doctors from the U.N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research C...
Why change my lifestyle and make heart heathy choices?
Dr. Gregory G. Pellizzon, MDDr. Gregory G. Pellizzon, MD
You should change your lifestyle and make heart healthy choices because diet and lifestyle have a pr...
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
Stop the leading cause of death in its tracks with simple lifestyle changes. Heart disease is the leading cause of death among American adults. A new ...
What Foods Should I Eat If I Have Heart Disease?