What does watchful waiting (WW) for aortic stenosis require?

The watchful waiting (WW) for aortic stenosis strategy requires that people recognize and promptly report any symptoms, and return to the hospital for a follow-up echocardiogram. The onset of symptoms often can be subtle, and people may attribute important changes to old age without notifying their doctors. They need to know the symptoms and report them to the heart team right away. Also, if people fail to follow up with recommended imaging, progression of stenosis and features of heart failure can be missed. People with asymptomatic severe aortic stenosis need to maintain close follow-up with their heart team and have a discussion about all of the available treatment options.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

How Two Bucks Can Ward Off Ticker Troubles
Constant clamor from traffic, industry, construction, and more can take a serious toll on your heart health. But here's a quick $2 fix: earplugs. Buy...
What's the difference between peripheral and coronary artery disease?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Peripheral artery disease is blockage in the vessels that supply blood to the arms and legs. Coronar...
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
Stop the leading cause of death in its tracks with simple lifestyle changes.
As a Mom, How Can I Find Time to Exercise?