Can the intake of whole grains be related to the risk of heart disease?

Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Two or more servings per day of whole grains lower your risk of death from heart disease by 30%. One study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that women who eat three servings of whole grains a day have half the risk of developing heart disease compared to women who eat only refined grains.
Dr. Ro's Ten Secrets to Livin' Healthy

Dr. Ro's Ten Secrets to Livin' Healthy

In this one-of-a-kind book, Dr. Rovenia M. Brock—known as Dr. Ro™ to fans of Black Entertainment Television’s Heart & Soul—reveals practical, satisfying ways for African American women to eat...

While research shows that whole grains can reduce your risk of heart disease, most Americans are falling short of the recommended minimum three servings of whole grains daily. Make sure that at least half your grain choices are whole grains, such as oats, 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, and popcorn to gain that heart-healthy benefit.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Reduce Blood Levels of CRP with Beans
Reduce Blood Levels of CRP with Beans
Reduce your blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) -- a possible indicator of heart disease risk -- with a few servings of beans each week. Several...
What is preventive cardiology?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Preventive cardiology helps patients find ways to improve their heart health through a healthy lifes...
7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease
7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease
Medication isn't the only way to get your heart healthy again.
How Can I Lower My Cholesterol Levels?
How Can I Lower My Cholesterol Levels?