What are the latest dietary guidelines for heart disease prevention?

Suzanne Steinbaum, DO
The latest dietary guidelines for heart health are what you would expect, though the focus on cholesterol has shifted. In this video, cardiologist Suzanne Steinbaum, DO, discusses the best food options and why limiting saturated fats is still key.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

The Link Between Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Disease
Insulin is a hormone that plays a crucial role in metabolizing glucose, or sugar. When a person has type 2 diabetes, the body does not produce enough ...
How can I reduce my risk of heart disease?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
To lower your risk of heart disease, exercise on a regular basis and eat a healthy diet low in sodiu...
6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease
6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease
This common disease can hurt much more than your physical health. Heart disease is so much more than a physical condition—it can interfere with your p...
As a Mom, How Can I Find Time to Exercise?