What increases my risk for shock?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Shock is caused by a variety of conditions and injuries. Being aware of what leads to shock will help you to avoid situations that may lead to shock. Having an allergy to medications, insects, or foods may increase your risk for anaphylactic shock. If you have heart trouble, you are at increased risk for cardiogenic shock. Not recognizing the early signs of shock will increase the risk of complications from shock.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

One Plus One: Obesity and Heart Disease
One Plus One: Obesity and Heart Disease
“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” That Steve Martin quote might seem, well, obvious, but the humor comes from the fact that, honestly...
How can I help prevent heart disease?
By exercising, making Mediterranean diet food choices—that is, limiting four-legged fats but having ...
6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference
6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference
Heart disease rates have been dropping steadily for everyone but younger women. Here’s how to reverse that trend. Death rates from heart disease in th...
What Is the Most Critical Medical Issue Americans Face?