How do I manage my heart abnormality on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Manage your heart abnormality by taking all prescribed medications on a regular basis and eating a balanced diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Some heart abnormalities may force you to limit the strain on your heart by reducing the amount and strenuousness of physical activity that you engage in. Talk to you doctor about the type of exercise that may be right for you.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Reduce Blood Levels of CRP with Beans
Reduce Blood Levels of CRP with Beans
Reduce your blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) -- a possible indicator of heart disease risk -- with a few servings of beans each week. Several...
How can I identify genetic hot spots for CAD health and screening?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
A number of studies have shown that approximately half of the risk for development of heart disease ...
6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference
6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference
Heart disease rates have been dropping steadily for everyone but younger women. Here’s how to reverse that trend. Death rates from heart disease in th...
The Blood Sugar Benefits of Oatmeal
The Blood Sugar Benefits of Oatmeal