How does my doctor screen me for heart disease?

Your doctor can screen you for heart disease with the following steps:

• asking questions to see if you have had signs of heart disease in the past
  • ordering a blood test to check your cholesterol levels
  • performing a stress test to see if there is a blockage of blood flow to the heart

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Cardiac Rehab: A Life-Saving Therapy
Cardiac Rehab: A Life-Saving Therapy
In the 1975 film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, a villager (John Cleese) tries to find a place on the dead collector’s (Eric Idle) wagon for the bo...
How does the risk for heart disease differ between men and women?
Dr. Grant Cooper, MDDr. Grant Cooper, MD
One of the biggest myths is that women don't get heart disease. Heart disease is a major killer of m...
6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference
6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference6 Heart-Healthy Habits for Women That Truly Make a Difference
Heart disease rates have been dropping steadily for everyone but younger women. Here’s how to reverse that trend.
Prevent Strokes With a Real Brain Food Like Fish